East Bay retailer seeks a seasoned Creative Director to join their award winning team. Qualified applicants must possess prior managerial experience and have worked both inside agencies and as an in-house creative lead. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly desirable and well reputed company with a culture that supports work/life balance.
Details below. Job is located in Pleasanton, CA and relocation will not be provided.
The Creative Director is responsible for providing the creative direction and branding approach for all marketing communications in both print and digital mediums.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the internal graphic design team and work closely with content creators, sales and marketers to provide the creative direction for marketing collateral and campaigns that effectively drive sales of our products and services.
- Develop creative guidelines and direct creative work, including print collateral, advertising, video, point-of-purchase, packaging, tradeshows, and many other visual assets and campaign materials that deliver and reinforce company brand
- Refresh the overall look and feel of the company brand making the company’s technical information more interesting and easier to digest/navigate, telling our brand story better to all customer segments, creating an efficient creative development process on bread & butter projects and developing exciting/interesting promotional ideas to drive sales and consistently reinforce our brand message.
- Lead, motivate and direct employees using effective performance management techniques, including establishing expectations and goals, providing recognition and feedback, and addressing performance problems. Coach, encourage, and develop employees according to their unique interests and strengths. Empower employees to take responsibility for their career and performance. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback. Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members and the organization.
- 5 years experience leading creatives in an advertising agency or internal environment
- 5 years experience with a variety of software, including CS and Marketing Automation tools
- 2 years experience with Video and Animation Concepting and Development
- 2 years experience partnering with outside agencies to get projects done
- 5 years experience managing others