In this role, you will be responsible for managing day-to-day flow of projects through the MarCom department. You will lead and motivate a cross-functional team to ensure successful completion of print, digital and interactive projects within established schedules and budgets. You must be able to prioritize projects, manage client expectations and communicate priorities effectively to the project team and product marketing groups. You must be a highly organized, solutions-oriented problem solver, who keeps business goals and long-term planning strategy at the forefront on a daily basis. The position requires someone who is detail oriented, has the ability to multi-task and has a healthy respect for process in a creative, dynamic environment.
Project Scoping and Management. Lead the planning and discovery phase of projects; coordinate kick-off meetings, identify project objectives, and translate business partner requests into team deliverables with specific action items. Clearly define project scope and timelines. Generate schedule and budget estimates and obtain approvals from stakeholders. Assign tasks and responsibilities and track progress against deliverable specifications and deadlines. Document, organize and prioritize business partner requests, changes and other project impacting information.
Client Outreach and Management. Understand needs of business partners and set expectations. Communicate processes and detailed project plans. Keep business partners involved and informed of status throughout the project. Closely manage project spend and communicate project status on a regular basis to business partners and management.
Team and Resource Management. Clearly communicate project scope and deliverables to team. Guide team’s project priorities. Conduct regular team status meetings. Assess and forecast team’s resource needs and gaps based on workload, pipeline and critical deadlines. Manage and mentor project coordinator.
Strategic Direction. Drive marketing channel strategy and collaborate with and counsel business partners. Act as subject matter expert for print and digital content creation.
Project Management Process Input. Assist Project Management Director with optimizing group processes and workflows.
The ideal candidate qualifications will meet the Education, Experience and Skills needs listed below.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle several projects concurrently, handle multiple deadlines, and prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadline
- Ability to work and communicate diplomatically with clients, management, and cross-functional staff
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience with print, web/digital, and video projects
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Project or other database applications on a PC platform
- Working knowledge or experience with projects involving web/digital/interactive technology a plus (e.g., Adobe CS, Flash, HTML, etc.)
- 7+ years of project management experience in an agency, creative communications, or marketing setting
- 2+ years of management experience