In-house creative services team is seeking a highly experienced Production Designer for print materials for a leading manufacturer of products used in the construction industry. Position is a three month gig that may extend depending on need and fit.
- Experienced in creating clean and accurate production artwork and mechanicals for print. Projects include flyers, brochures, catalogs, point of purchase and tradeshow graphics.
- Must be experienced in large multi-page documents such as catalogs.
- Excellent and proven skills in Adobe Creative Suite. Expert level required for InDesign, also strong in Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Work must be high quality and accurate, with great attention to detail. Accustomed to working from production specs.
- Strong knowledge of principles of design, including layout, good use of typography, color and composition. Adheres to branding guidelines.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with technical material including data tables and technical drawings; also experience in drafting or CAD drawing
- Skilled in working with M.S. Office applications: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Pertinent experience in agency or corporate environments
- Work from supplied Word docs, Excel spreadsheets as well as manual mark -ups to create new layouts and/or revise existing pieces.
- Produce component artwork elements, including working with technical illustrations, modifying and retouching images and building data tables.
- Make rounds of revisions and produce final mechanical art.